Auto Accident Lawyers
Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer helping the Houston Texas area.
Being involved in a car accident can be an experience that can change your life. Our team of attorneys is highly trained to represent victims of auto accidents in the Houston area and surrounding areas. If you or your family are involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact us today for a free consultation to see how we can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
Automobile Accident Statistics in Houston
In 2016, the Texas Department of Transportation reported that auto accidents in Texas caused the following:
- One death every 2 hours and 20 minutes
- An injury every minute and 59 seconds
- Total of 3,773 automobile fatalities
Car Accidents Can Be Expensive
Regardless of the seriousness of a car accident, the results could cause you a tense economic situation for a few weeks, months, or even years after your accident. Auto accidents can have short or long term effects, including hospitalization, therapy, lost work time due to injury, and in extreme cases, you may never go back to work again. Additionally, 20% of automobiles involved in accidents are considered “total loss”, which means that the cost to repair the car is more than the value of the car. In these cases, you have the additional expense of finding another vehicle to replace the damaged car.
Insurance Does Not Always Provide a Good Solution
The insurance company may be able to give you some monetary compensation, but usually they focus on your own interest and not yours and usually it is not enough to cover the damages you have suffered. If you are involved in an auto accident with someone who only has minimal coverage, the other person’s insurance company may only be able to cover some of the financial expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions about Auto Accidents
What should I do immediately after an Auto Accident?
If you are involved in a car accident, you should do the following:
- Safety First – Take into account your safety and the safety of others at the scene of the accident. If there are significant injuries or property damage, call 911 immediately
- Try to take pictures of the accident and stay focused on documenting the accident
- Call the local police to make a report of the accident, even if it is a minor accident and no one has suffered an injury.
- Contact the insurance company to report the accident as soon as possible, but do not admit any fault. It is important to answer the questions of your insurance adjuster accurately, however it is not a good idea to draw legal conclusions until your case has been properly investigated.
- Exchange information with the other driver, insurance information, legal name, car registration number and telephone number.
- Document any details about the situation.
How much time do I have to file a Claim about my Auto Accident?
The state of Texas has a statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit two years from the date of the accident. However, it is in your best interest to take action as soon as possible while having all the details in mind and the evidence is more readily available.
What if the other driver is not insured?
It is estimated that a third of drivers in Texas, particularly in Houston, do not have active insurance at the time of the accident. If this is the case, your own policy may protect you if you opted for uninsured motorist coverage.
Common mistakes that can affect the outcome of your auto accident case
It is very important to avoid these mistakes after a car accident that can ruin a claim.
- Use Facebook, Twitter and other Social Networks
- Sign any Rights Transfer
- Missing medical appointments
- Fail to take pictures
- Be caught under surveillance
How much does it cost to hire a Lawyer to solve my case?
No advance payment is necessary. In cases of auto accidents, many lawyers work with a contingency fee, if you lose your case, you pay nothing. If you win your case, you will pay a percentage of the money you receive and the expenses related to the case.
Common injuries caused by Auto Accidents
Death is an extreme result of a car accident, but other injuries can be physically and emotionally devastating for victims. Some of these life-altering injuries include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cranial trauma or brain damage
No matter how serious or minor your injury is. If you have been the victim of an auto accident, our legal team will work hard to obtain fair compensation.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Houston
You, the driver, are ultimately responsible for your actions behind the wheel. However, you can not take responsibility for the actions of the drivers around you. Some of the most frequent causes of auto accidents in Houston are:
- Distracted drivers, for example cell phone use while driving or sending messages
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Driving aggressively
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driving without experience
- Accidents when they hit you and leave
This kind of accidents can almost always be avoided, and you should not have to pay the consequences.
Types of Car Accidents
To build a successful case, you must first prove that you were not responsible for the accident. Types of accidents in which you can establish negligence against the other driver include:
- Blows in the back
- Blows in the front
- Collisions where other drivers are drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Side sliding
- Accident when they hit you and leave
- Turn accidents on the left
- Accidents at intersections
- Road accidents under construction
A car accident can be financially devastating for you and for others you trust to support you. Without the correct guidance to receive the funds to which you are entitled, your finances may not fully recover after your accident.
Other types of traffic accidents by type of vehicle:
What you can expect from an Experienced Legal Team at your side
- We work for you – As soon as we accept your case, we start working immediately to help you receive your compensation.
- No down payment required – You only pay if we help you win your case.
- First-class litigators – We have the experience and financial strength to handle your case and the proportion of cases won that demonstrates it.
- We speak Spanish – Our entire team of lawyers, legal assistants and staff speak Spanish fluently.
- Highly Recommended – We have a growing list of satisfied customers who can attest to our services.
How an Auto Accident Case Works
During your free consultation, we will ask you some questions about your accident to determine the extent of your injuries and what you may be entitled to receive. After we accept your case, we begin to investigate the details of your auto accident, including the police report, statements from doctors, and other information that can help you win your case. We work relentlessly to get the money you deserve as quickly as possible and, in many cases, we can help you avoid taking your case to court. Although the monetary benefit can never compensate for the injuries and pain you have suffered, it can help you lessen your financial burden and put your life in order. Schedule your free consultation today, and together we can work to restore your financial difficulties while you work on your recovery.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
The trucking industry plays an important role in Houston's economy, but large trucks can also create dangerous situations on our roads. If you have been injured in a truck accident and are facing medical bills, job loss, vehicle repairs and other negative impacts, you...
Our attorneys are experienced in helping Houston motorcycle accident victims protect their financial future. We will help you get the maximum compensation you deserve!
Being involved in a car accident can be a life-changing experience. The implicit physical, mental and emotional effects of a car accident could remain with you for the rest of your life.