Work Accident Lawyers
Experienced Lawyers in Workplace Injuries
When you go to work each day, you should be able to leave as safely as you arrived. However, injuries and accidents at work happen, and if they happen to you, you need someone on your side who can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Texas Statistics on Workplace Injuries
- More deaths in the workplace occur in Texas than in any other state in the United States.
- 527 workers died on the job in 2015.
- The number of workplace deaths in Texas continues to rise every year.
- Hispanics and Latinos experienced more injuries and illnesses in the workplace than any other ethnic group in 2015.
Is your Accident covered by Compensation Insurance for Work-related Accidents and Illnesses?
Compensation insurance for accidents and occupational diseases exists to protect employees, no matter who is at fault for the accident. If you were injured at work during your work hours and while you were working on assigned works, you would be eligible for workers’ compensation and work-related accident insurance benefits.
You may not be eligible for benefits if you:
- Broke the company’s policy
- Is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- By the way, he hurt himself
- He was at work but outside of his work hours
- Outside of company property, such as a company event
- Your employment injury attorney can help you determine if you will receive workers’ compensation and work injury insurance benefits or if you have any other legal means of
- pursue your case to obtain and recover compensation for your injury including lawsuits against your employer or against third parties.
Responsibilities between Employees and Employers
Your employer (or workers’ compensation insurance company) is required to cover medical expenses and lost wages due to your work injury. You may also be entitled to disability benefits and death benefits in fatal cases.
As an employee, you should seek medical attention immediately if you are injured at work. Report the accident immediately and return to work as soon as possible without risking your health.
Frequently Asked Questions about Work Accidents
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
If we do not win, you pay nothing
Machinery Injury Lawyers
Have you suffered an Injury with Work Machinery? We can help! Machinery is a part of daily life for many workers. Employers try to explain the risks that the operation of these machines brings, but many times accidents happen because the machinery is defective or...
Electrocution Injury Lawyer
Did you suffer electrocution injuries in Houston or Texas? Lawyer Alejandro Padua can help When one thinks of an accident at work , the images that come to mind are usually a fall of stairs or cuts to the body. But there is also the risk of electrocution and electric...
The American Burn Association documented approximately 486,000 burn injuries that required medical attention in 2016. Most of these were minor incidents that were treated in outpatient clinics, but more than 40,000 of those victims were hospitalized and 75% of those...
Maritime Law and High-Sea Accidents
A single injury at the docks or at sea can change your life forever. We have seen first-hand the catastrophic consequences of high-seas accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a maritime or high-sea accident, trust the experience of our legal team in...
Construction Accident Lawyer in Houston
Construction sites are often synonymous with dangerous working conditions. Those who are regularly on construction sites know how dangerous it can be, and it's no surprise that a serious accident can happen at any time, to anyone. If you or a loved one has been...